XauraGoddess Ayisha explores the mystic Marakech in her favourite Xaura outfits. She's got some good tips on how to lead a conscious lifestyle and travel tips for Marakesh:
Xaura: Three words to describe yourself?
Ayisha: Kind, adventurous, loyal
Xaura: What are some things you are passionate about?
Ayisha: Travelling / Fitness / Food / Family / The outdoors
Xaura: What are your favourite self care tips?
- I try to stay away from my phone and social media as much as possible for eg. I read my Kindle on the bus - currently reading Sapiens by Yuval Hariri.
- On my days off: I allow myself an hour on my phone and with the spare time, listen to a podcast (Jay Setty), go for long walk or try out a new recipe.
- I attend pilates 3 times a week, 4 given a good week. Also,I like to book myself in a new gym class that I normally wouldn’t choose such as Undercard (boxing) or Barrys.
- I generally try to eat a balanced meal and in the evenings, I like to have a cup of apple cider vinegar and warm water.
Xaura: What are some of the things you're doing to live a conscious lifestyle?
Ayisha: I minimise the use of plastic - I’ve seen the harm plastic has done to our marine life during my diving trips and its devastating to see what we have done to our planet. Ways of reducing my use of plastic: I've replaced all food containers with glass containers, I use biodegradable bags for rubbish bins and use wooden utensils for my lunch boxes and picnics. Also, I only buy food and drink items that come in paper bags or glass bottles and make sure to recycle any waste correctly. I also try and minimise my carbon footprint - I'd rather walk for 45 mins than take the bus or drive.
Xaura: What is your most important reason for you to go travelling? Why?
Ayisha: I travel to be more well-rounded. I like to experience the culture and behaviours of other people that I wouldn't come across at home. It is very interesting to me to learn how whatever country I am visiting, is what it is today and how the people and their culture have evolved.
Xaura: What's your favourite memorable moment in your travels in Marakesh?
Ayisha: Staying in the Agafay Desert. We had stayed at a luxury desert camp that does not have any electricity. The best moment was when watching the sun set behind the rolling hills of sand and seeing the camp lit up by candlelights. It was very romantic.
Xaura: What are the some of the best spots to stay/eat/visit in Marakesh?
- Stay: In a boutique Riad within Medina as you’ll get a genuine experience. Have the Moroccan breakfast if you’re a sweet tooth.
- Stay: Go clamping in the Agafay desert as its the only desert nearby the city. Pack your sunscreen because it reaches above 32 degrees. You’ll be able to go camel riding and ATV biking - it is so much fun!
- Eat: 72 Table Riad for a fancy moroccan meal and a romantic setting.
- Eat: Terrasse des Epices for rooftop dining and cocktails.
- Eat: Le Jardin for lunch - sit in the patio while a couple turtles crawl on by. Order the cold salad sampler, especially for a hot day!
- Drink: there’s many fresh orange and pomegranate stalls around Medina. I highly recommend having a juice per day as they’re super cheap and so tasty.
- Visit: YSL museum and jardin, Palais De La Bahia, Le Jardin Secret and Palais El Badi
Xaura: What does it feel like to wear Xaura?
I like the fact that the garments are made out of high quality material along with a flattering silhouette, Xaura has created timeless garments that suit every women’s body type. Being ethically-made and taking on the concept of slow fashion, Xaura ties in with my conscious lifestyle and still makes me feel fashionable and fabulous. The breathability of the garments and the bright colours suits every summer vacations - def packing my Xaura outfits on my next trip.